Dec 11, 2010

Three Random Tidbits

1. If you are following the saga of my watch, I fear that the hero we thought would be the end of my watch woes is tiring. My '80s Casio watch loses 22 seconds of time every day. I thought that I would just leave well enough alone lest I tempt fate by buying a watch that explodes on me Mission Impossible style or is stolen.  But, then the strap on my Casio watch broke forcing me to buy a fifth watch.  This new watch is "Yangkey" brand, which might be a Chinese brand attempting to tap into a Northeast American market.


2. People in Argentina and Chile bring around thermoses everywhere from which they drink a tea called mate. And I thought the prevalence of tea drinking was an Asian thing.


3. There were advertisements on the plane to travel to Colombia with the tag line "Columbia, the only risk is wanting to stay." Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment